Create a new Flow
Build your first Flow by adding Handlers and configuring various parameters with DCKAP Integrator's easy to use Flow builder
A "Flow" is the neural schema of your Integration that holds the business logic of the data-synchronization and is written in the form of a pseudo-code. A Flow is usually written with API calls to a system (to access data), along with conditional checks and data formatting, which will successfully execute the objective of your integration.
In order to successfully build a Flow, certain prerequisites need to be fulfilled:
1.Add a Project
The Projects page is considered the epicenter of the integration process, where users can create, edit and access all the projects that they have access to.
A new project can be added by clicking on Projects icon from the Dashboard and then the Add New button in the Projects page. For more information click below:
2. Add Systems / Credentials
After a Project is added, click on the Manage button. The Project console now opens where you can manage Integrations and Credentials, and other project settings.
Click on the Credentials icon, and add the system credentials as described below:
1.Go to the Projects page by clicking on the Manage button against your project in the Dashboard. (See 1, 2 and 3 in the figure below)
2. From the Advanced menu, click on Flows.
3. Click on the Add New button in the Flows page.
4. The Add Flow window opens. Here, on the right side, you will find the list of Handlers. The center section is the Play area where you can drag and drop the Handlers to.
1.Add a suitable name and description for your Flow.
ExampleFlow Name: Create CustomersDescription: Flow to Create Customers from P21 to Magento
2. Turn ON the status of the Flow by clicking on the Toggle On/Off button. This will enable/disable your Flow.
3. You may add a Source API Response.
The source API response is used to display the API fields(SOURCE) in Mapping and will be used only in dynamic or webhook pipes. Provide a sample API response here.
4. If a Core Flow (pre-built template) has been built for your systems, you may load it here.
5. Also, a pre-built Flow can be imported by clicking on Import Flow.
1.Drag and Drop the required Handler to the Play area.
2. Configure the Handler by clicking on it in the Play area
Example: For the API Call handler, you have to choose a system, select the API call, add a Response Variable and other parameters.
More on each type of Handler can be found below:
3. Similarly, you may add other Handlers until the business logic of the data synchronization is satisfied.
For Flows: Best Practices, click below:
For Flows: Use Cases, click below:
4. After building the Flow, click on Save and Merge for the changes to be reflected in the project.
The Flow is now ready to be used in an Integration Pipe.