Create a new Integration Pipe
Develop a new Integration Pipe and schedule your data synchronization using DCKAP Integrator
An Integration pipe is a framework that carries out the data synchronization end-to-end. It consists of the synchronization schedule, mapping and modifier configurations, and data flow logic between the systems to be integrated.
In order to successfully create an Integration Pipe, certain prerequisites need to be fulfilled:
The Projects page is considered the epicenter of the integration process, where users can create, edit and access all the projects that they have access to.
A new project can be added by clicking on Projects icon from the Dashboard and then the Add New button in the Projects page. For more information click on Adding Projects, click below:
After a Project is added, click on the Manage button. The Project console now opens where you can manage Integrations and Credentials, and other project settings.
Click on the Credentials icon, and add the system credentials as described below:
A Flow is a set of statements written in the form of pseudo code to satisfy the business logic of the integration. It forms the neural schema of the integration. Users can choose from already pre-written Flows (available for commonly used Integrations) or they can create a custom flow as per their requirement.
Every Flow contains API calls to the respective systems from which the data needs to be accessed. These systems are later reflected while configuring the Pipe.
More details on how to write a Flow can be found below:
- 1.Go to the Integrations Page by clicking on Projects > Integrations
2. Click on Add New
The Add Pipe page will open.
3. Enter the following details:
- A Suitable Pipe Name
- Select Batch/Dynamic - Batch: Scheduled, Dynamic: Real-time call to the system
- Select Credentials - Systems to be integrated
4. Once the Credentials are selected, the Flows which contain API calls to the systems selected in 3c will appear in a Grid format on the right side.
5. Select the required Flow by clicking on the Use button
6. Once Flow is selected, the Mapping nodes will be displayed
7. Click on Configure under Mappings
8. The Mapping configuration page will open. Here you can drag and drop the various source and destination fields and setup the Mapping node. The data can also be formatted using the Modifier functions. For more information on Mapping and Modifiers, click here.
9. After the Mapping configuration is complete, click on Back.
10. Click on the Save button to save all the pipe configurations. The Pipe will now be displayed in the Integrations page.
11. For Batch type pipe, the synchronization can be scheduled to be automatically run - Automode
Batch type pipes are those which carry out the synchronization on a schedule. It can either be scheduled to run:
- Manually as needed by the user by hitting the Sync Now button
- Automatically at periodic time intervals (AUTOPILOT MODE)
- 1.Click on the Scheduler link under the Pipe name
The Pipe Scheduler Dialog box opens.
- 1.Here click on the Toggle On/Off button to turn On Autopilot Mode
- 2.Next, select the synchronization frequency, i.e., the time interval at which the data sync should occur.
- Synchronize Every 5 minutes
- Synchronize at 02:00 pm on every Sunday
- Synchronize at 09:00 pm on the 18th of every month
Dynamic type pipes are those that are called dynamically (in real-time) using an API call from any system through DCKAP Integrator. Click on Copy URL and use it in any system to fetch/post data.