Build and use DCKAP Integrator templates in projects
The Exchange contains ready-to-use Templates that can be used to integrate data between one or more systems without any tedious, manual configurations. These pre-built Templates can be used and reused across multiple Projects or re-configured based on the users' needs. They act as a base arrangement, containing default field mapping, basic flow structures, and standard pipe settings.
The exchange page can be accessed:
- 1.From the Dashboard or
- 2.From the advanced tab in the Projects Page
Click on the Exchange module from the left menu bar. While doing so, the user will have to select the Project under which this Template will be created.
Go to any individual Project and click on the Advanced tab and then click on the Exchange option. Now the Exchange page for this particular Project will open.
To add or create a Template, click on the Create Template button in the top right corner of the Exchange Page.
Fill out the following details in order to create a new Template.
- 1.Template Name: Enter a suitable name for the Template
- 2.Public or Private: Choose the type of Template:
- 1.Private: A private Template will be accessible only to the user who has created the Template. It can be accessed across all of their Projects.
- 2.Public: A public Template is a global Template that is available to all DCKAP Integrator users.
- 3.Status (Enabled/ Disabled): Toggle the button to enable or disable a Template for use in Projects
- 4.Short Description: Enter a short description for the Template
- 5.Detailed Description: Enter a detailed description for the Template
- 6.Choose pipes: The pipes created within that particular Project will be displayed to the user to choose from. Users can select one or more pipes that will act as the base framework for the Template.
- 1.Save Draft: To save the Template without publishing
- 2.Save and Publish: To save and publish the Template. Add a Release version and Release Notes for the Template
Once the Template is published, it is available to use in a Project at a public or private level.
Click on the three dots in the Template grid, to edit or delete a Template. By clicking on the Edit option, users can modify the Template configuration.
Once the Template configuration is complete, it can be used in a Project. Click on the Use Template button in the Template grid. The Use Template page will open. The following information is available:
1.Pipes: The pipes chosen in the base Template are displayed here. Users can choose one or more pipes to use in their Projects.
If any pipe configuration variable needs to be set up, it will be displayed here to be updated by the user.
2. Credentials: Based on the pipes chosen, the system credentials will be displayed. Click on the drop-down list under the system name and choose the necessary credentials.
If the credentials are not previously set-up, the user will have to configure the credentials by clicking on Add Item in the drop-down list. Enter the credential details as described here.
3. Future Updates: Select one of three options from the drop down list to automate or disable updates to the template, when changes are made to the base template. :
- No: Any change to Template entities (Systems, Credentials, Pipes, Flows, and API management) will not affect the base Template.
- Manual: Any change to Template entities (Systems, Credentials, Pipes, Flows, and API management) will take effect in the base Template, after manual review by the user.
- Yes: Any change to Template entities (Systems, Credentials, Pipes, Flows, and API management) will automatically be reflected in the base Template.
Click on Create to use the template in the Project. If the pipes are set to Auto-mode then the sync will work periodically as per the set up time.